Monday, February 15, 2010

The Limits of Control







I saw Stranger Then Paradise when I was a teen...I had never saw a Goddard film... Hadn't gone to art school yet ...and thought new wave was only a music genre....I loved it...I liked the hats...I followed Jim Jarmusch's Carrier since...


The Limits of Control.... Jarmusch at his best.. An homage to modern art ...Set in Spain home of great modern architecture...Birth place of Picasso and Dali etc....Jarmusch As usual tipping his hat to Goddard,Kubrick,Wienders,Leone,etc...As well as himself...The pigeon's in flight scenes reminded me of Ghost Dog....The Limits of Control is a mythical tale on every level...My painting professor and avid film critic Henry Raleigh taught me about the Myth of the painter... I feel that this film hails this myth in every scene ... Composition, color, reference upon reference every frame of the film a painting in motion... The Lone man played by Isaach De Bankole' like Leone's Man with no name is our hero.... He's on an unkown quest ...I could type about this film forever ...See it

No comments:

Post a Comment