Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Lovely Bones







































Based on the novel by Alice Sebold The Lovely Bones is the rare miscue from legendary director Peter Jackson... Saoirse Ronan Stars as Susie Salmon (like the fish) a doomed 14 year old heroin who meets her demise in a dug out shelter in a corn field...Susie's stuck in the in-between after her murder which is always surreal but some times a paradise an at other times a nightmare...Jackson uses his famous C.G.I. effects to create this world...A world Dali would be proud of...Marky Mark Walberg plays Susie's grief filled and obsessive father and Rachel Weisz her mother...Susan Sarandon is Susie's Alcoholic grandmother a character I feel never fits into this film...Having not read the book I wonder what her role was in the novel...Stanley Tucci plays Susie's murderer and confirms once again how good of an actor he is...My wife didn't even recognize him...By far not the worst film, but I thought it was a little shallow since I don't believe in ghosts, heaven or hell...I guess we could say this film left me in limbo













Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment